With Valentine’s Day coming up, it got me thinking of all the fun little romantic things my husband has done for me over the years.
Here is a short, not-all-inclusive list of some of my favorites:
- He “folded” me a dozen red roses out of paper origami style and mailed them to me while I was away on business. SO SO sweet! Some guys would have called a florist and five minutes later, been done with it. MY hubby spent his entire weekend folding these for me before mailing them off. Oh my goodness, it was SO very sweet!
- When we lived in Indiana, wild daisies would grow in the ditches near hubby’s work. He’d pick a bunch of daisies for me after work and I’d come home frequently with a bouquet of them in the middle of the table.
- Our first snow after getting married, he went out and wrote “I love Krista” —or was it I love you? Don’t recall… but he wrote it HUGE in our front yard in the snow… SO SO very sweet!
- At one point early in our marriage, Scott worked 6:30 – 3:30 while I worked 8-5. While he was at work, during breaks he would take scrap paper and write love notes to me, then leave them for me the next morning so I’d have something to read when I woke up and he’d already left for work. He KNOWS that writing something for me is HUGE!
- For our second anniversary, hubby surprised me with a new wedding ring. We were HORRIBLY poor when we got married, so we both decided just to get a fake one that could be replaced with a real one later, but I had zero clue that he would replace it that soon! I still love oohing over my ring:-)
- After I’ve had a particularly bad day at work, sometimes he will come up and surprise me with a good back rub. Back rubs are the key to this woman’s heart:-) (Foot rubs too!)
- Cleaning the house. Granted, I’d LOVE for him to do this more often, but day slike today when I come home and I can tell he put a ton of effort into it, it makes me smile and feel very loved!
- Going shopping with me even when I know he’d rather be doing something else!
- Sending me flowers at work. There’s just something about that that makes a woman’s heart want to overflow!
- My song. He wrote me a song and sang it at our wedding, and oh my goodness. There isn’t a lot more romantic that that:-)
Discussion: A two-part question.
For those married or in relationships, what’s the most romantic thing (that is sharable in public, ha!) that your significant other has done for you?
For all — I heard this question on the radio station this morning (WAYFM to give credit…), and I though it a fun one to ask everyone on this Friday before Valentine’s Day.
“I know it’s not generally considered romantic, but I think it’s very romantic when a guy _______.”
My answer is the same as my #7… cleans the house!