Yes, my THIRD book baby has officially been born!
Isn’t she so cute??
(yes, all my books are girls. I mean, it’s only fitting for a mother of 4 human girls, right?!?)
I’m SO excited for you to be here celebrating with me!
If this were a REAL, in person party, I’d anticipate a few things.
#1 – Food. (see Dr. Pepper and cupcakes…. I’m sending them to you virtually!)
#2 – Talking/conversation. And with conversation usually comes questions. So I’m pretending YOU are asking me some common questions— and then giving my response. Sound fun? Let’s go! At the end, I’ll ask YOU some questions!
So Krista, tell us some fun facts about your new baby book!
Oh. well she weighs 5 ounces and is 8 inches long and 5 inches wide! (I, uh, may have weighed her on the kitchen scale…)
But some other fun tidbits….
– A Side of Hope features Tilly as the heroine, who I named after my Grandma Crum’s sister. Sadly, my grandma and her sister are no longer with us, but the one thing my mom could remember about Aunt Tilly was that she was a bowler, so I couldn’t help but put that little bit in the story!
– Tilly’s house in the book is actually modeled (mostly) from my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson’s old house in Sandwich, location and all! I took a lot of leeway in its description, so it isn’t 100%, but it was so fun to close my eyes and picture the house from my memory! Such AMAZING memories of that little Center Street house!!
– This is the first book that I’ve incorporated, on a very tiny scale, my experience as a heart-momma. You’ll find out how once you read the book, but it was so humbling to start to be able to use Annabelle’s story, even in such a small way, in my writing. Someday, I’ll write a book where it is the focal point, but that is down the road for me.
– Adam and Tilly’s backstory is deeply personal to me. While there are some pretty big, obvious differences, my husband and I too married at a VERY young age with some big, grandeur dreams of how “living on love” would look like. I’m happy to say that our story progressed very differently than Adam and Tilly’s, but it was interesting to explore the “what if’s” that come along with such a young marriage.
– Adam and Tilly are the oldest couple I’ve ever featured in a book. Since I married young, and am still in my 30’s myself, it was a bit of a challenge for me, but I enjoyed telling their story. 40 is the new 20, right?!? (or so I tell myself as that age inches closer year-after-year! LOL)
So… I heard there are prizes at this party. Can I see them?
I’m SO EXCITED about the prizes for this book! As I’m writing, I keep an eye on “themed” gifts that would be good for this very party (a quick hi to MIKE at the Cool Springs Lifeway, as I may-or-may-not have stalked his store more than a few times in the last 6 months-ish looking for HOPE stuff!)
Without further adu, here is the loot!
I’ve already given away my Faith key to a super special woman at God’s prompting back in February, and am so excited to give away another!
So…. how do I enter?
So… what’s this little baby book about?
So glad you asked!
It’s about hope, duh! 🙂 (sorry, couldn’t resist)
Here is the synopsis!
Tilly Davis is meeting her forties head on. Happy and healthy, she
doesn’t need a man to complete her. But as she blows out her candles,
she makes a halfhearted wish for maybe just a little excitement to spice
up her life.
God must have misunderstood her wish, though, because moments later, He brings her the one person she never wants to see again.
So… Where do I get this little baby book?
Geez, full of questions today! I LOVE IT!!! This is a GREAT question, actually!
Below are the links for purchase… and if you want to check out the OTHER sandwich books (Sandwich, with a Side of Romance and A Side of Faith) their links are on their book covers on the sidebar!
ALSO, I ALWAYS appreciate reader’s feedback on books! So once you’ve finished the book, I’d be oh-so-grateful if you’d post an honest review of it on sites like Amazon, Goodreads, or Barnes and Noble. Your feedback helps other readers in making their book selection choices–and helps an author out too!)