Blah Blah Blah
I had such good intentions this week. You know what they say, the road to failure (I’m nicing it up a bit) is paved with good intentions.
Krista’s Skinny Friday Results:
Week: 1 pound fatter
Total Skinny Friday: 5 pounds skinner
Total Weight loss since August, 2010: 16 pounds
So, when I have a failure of a week, I like to sit back and analyze. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m an analyzer. “Why do I feel like this?” “Why did I act like this?” “Why did I stuff my face full of chocolate?”
It’s just what I do.
Things I did good this week:
- I drank less pop. I even went to lunch with my sister yesterday and had a water! WIN!
- I made a valiant effort to count my calories at least three days this week. Up from zero the week before. WIN!
- I tried to exercise. (See bad part of this below…)
Thinks I stunk at this week:
- I went out to lunch yesterday with my sister. A GOOD thing… but I ate almost my whole plate. I counted it up later and it was >1200 calories. Almost my whole daily allotment!
- I bought chocolate. It was on sale. And it had caramel in it, which is my utter weakness.
- My exercise that I DID try consisted of doing situps one day. I was once in the habit of doing them daily, on top of doing the WII Fit daily. Granted, it’s not like my life is overflowing with time. But still, I can do more than one set of 20 situps in a week!
- I sat at my computer WAY too much, with not a lot to show for it. I DID, however, get my preliminary taxes done, which accounted for about half of my computer time. So at least I got SOMETHING accomplished…
So, last week I determined that I needed more self control. The ability to say “no” to bad foods.
This week, I am going to focus on having self-discipline… the ability to say YES to GOOD foods and YES to good exercise.
I am also going to make a concerted effort to be on my computer less. Because let’s face it: Facebook is addicting, my friends. And it burns up pretty close to ZERO calories!!!
Discussion: What will be YOUR focus this next week?
**Oxygen Update** Annabelle HATED her first night on oxygen. Took it off around 2 a.m. and wouldn’t go back to sleep, and wouldn’t let me put it back on her short of having Scott hold her down for me while I taped it around her head… and that wasn’t happening. She did better last night though, so YEAH for that!