Got confirmation Saturday night that today we would do the scope.
But yesterday, my “main” cardiologist called after being apprised of the plan and expressed concerns and necessity of the scope.
We revised our plan: Monitor Annabelle for the rest of Sunday and night, with the plan to go ahead with the scope if she had any major events and to go HOME if she didn’t.
If we went home, we’d give her belly a week or two to settle down, see if her watery stool improved and how she was gaining weight. If she was still having watery stool, we’d do the scope in a few weeks. All Mommy heard was “GO HOME TOMORROW” and I got a wee bit excited!
Our evening wasn’t bad, although she did throw up for the first time in 2 days (close to a record!) and had one more super loose stool. Still talked to the cardiologist this morning and she said after thinking about it more and Annabelle’s vomit last night, she agreed that it might be good to go ahead with the scope today.
So she is NPO (no food/water) at the moment… and scope is scheduled for 10 a.m.. If you are familiar with hospital time, this means it will be anytime between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (And considering some of Annabelle’s antics have probably been the one to delay things for other families in the past… I say this with a lot of love and understanding!)
Please say a prayer for Annabelle today if you get a moment. A scope is nowhere near a surgery, but it still involves putting her to sleep and breathing tube and the works. They will be doing an “upper” scope, looking at her stomach and upper part of her small intestines, and a “lower” scope, looking at the bottom probably 6 to 8 inches of her… I don’t know what they call it… I don’t think it’s quite to her large intestines… They did they say don’t do a full colonoscopy on babies this small. But they will be doing a biopsy of whatever part they are in, so that they can test it for a whole heap of things.
Okay! They just came in and said they are about ready to take us down!
Will update tonight probably. (more frequent updates on facebook/twitter…)
Praying right NOW, Krista. Give those docs wisdom. Glad that you didn't have to wait as long as you expected and hope its over quickly and you can snuggle up with her while she's recovering. Hope she gets to come home soon!
Praying for you guys. Keep us posted.
I am praying this morning for a successful scope, free of any complications, and is followed by an uneventful recovery and successful extubation. I am praying for the wisdom of the doctors as they use this procedure that they may see exactly what the problem is and know exactly what to do to resolve it.
Praying for an uneventful procedure and for definitive results. Also peace for you, Krista.
I'm praying too, Krista
Praying this morning!
Waiting to hear!
Praying for resolution, Krista, so Annabelle can heal and go home!
Comments are closed.