A year ago, when I wrote the word rejection, I would have immediately thought about writing stuff. (rejection is the evil word that we use when an editor/agent says, “I’ll pass” when we try to present our work to them… writer’s lament about this word ALL the time.)
That kind of rejection is pretty meaningless to me now.
So, we took Annabelle back to the hospital last night. This morning, they decided that there is a chance that her body is starting to reject her heart. They can’t tell for sure, but are going to start her on a 3 day course of strong IV steroids to combat it just in case. They will do an echo when the steroids are done, and if the echo is “better” than it was rejection.
We are also scheduled for a heart cath to balloon her Left Pulmonary Artery that is too narrow, and may be part of her breathing issues. WE are scheduled for 7/7, but they are going to try and move it up to sooner, no firm date yet though.
I’m at home for a little bit, gathering stuff we need for at least 3 days in the hospital. It was OH so depressing to come back home and see all her stuff, all the stuff she has now USED here, and not have her in my arms too. *sigh*
I’m attempting to be optimistic too though. I’m believing this will help her so she can be BETTER at home. And while I thought sleeping at the hospital was bad, I slept better last night than I have in a week, knowing there was a nurse there to take care of my baby.
Please pray that the steroids WORK, that her body does NOT reject and hurt her new heart, and that we are all able to rest a little, Annabelle including! She is just tired and worn out at the moment.
*bright side* If it IS rejection… we caught it very early, which is a VERY good thing. Catching it too late causes damage to her heart, and we need her heart to be in the BEST shape possible!