Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!!! It’s THE week. I’m a bundle of nerves, I’m excited, I’m… I’m… NOT READY!
Crud! How did this week sneak up on my so fast, tell me that?
Anyway, the next two days will be FILLED with last minute preparations. Let me give you a brief look at my schedule.
- Monday: Blog in A.M. Work 7:30 – 4:30 (Lunch spent with hubby at Target purchasing last minute needs) Karalynn at g.s. 4:30 – 6, Dinner, maybe an hour to do trip stuff, 8:00 get kids ready for bed, then TRY to do more trip stuff but I REALLY need to go to bed on time
- Tuesday: Work 7:30 – 4:30 (Lunch spent making my toes look pretty… aka pedicure! yeah!) In-laws get in that afternoon, drama club from 7:00-9:00 (takes 20 min to get there and get home on top of that)
- Wednesday: Work 6:00 – 1:00 (no lunch) plane leaves at 3:20!
Um… can you tell that there is NO ROOM ANYWHERE for much of any packing/printing/pullingoutmyhair… Also note that I’ll have to get up at a very unGodly time of the morning on Wednesday to get to work on time.
And…. here’s my list of TO DO’S:
- Pack: I have a few things in my suitcase but um, yeah, still have a ton to do on this.
- Onesheets: My onesheets are still not printed. Scott and I took a while yesterday afternoon to take pics of me in the back yard to try to get a better “picture” to put on them… but now I have to SELECT the picture and take the time to print them.
- Proposal: Not a half to have, but I like to take one copy of my proposal with me, which means I need to spiffy it up and print it.
- Pitch: I’ve procrastinated. I have a few things jotted down, but I’m still flipping out over the “pitch”. This may happen on the plane.
- Maps: Scott and I are staying over for three days, and I really wanted to print out different maps to the places we wanted to go.
- Prepare for in-laws: My house still needs cleaned (hoping hubby helps me with this one during the day….) and I still need to write out “things they need to know” for while we are gone.
- Sample Chapters: Highly recommend this. At least one of the agents I met with last year wanted to see a “writing” sample. So need to print off first chapter (or first three chapters) of the two books I’m most interested in pitching.
This isn’t all inclusive, as I have fifteen thousand other things running through my head.
BUT! My point is, there is LITTLE time and MUCH to do. Those of you who are ready, ugh, I hate you. (not really… but it’s your fault if I commit the sin of envy!)
So, at last, my tips for squeezing as much out of a day as possible:
- Make a list, and check it twice. If you spend your time thinking about everything you have to do and trying to remember it… well, you’ve wasted time. I’m a huge LAST minute list maker. It helps control my wayward mind.
- Use every second. Notice I have “tasks” during my hour lunch breaks. I also figure I can do ONE thing before I leave in the mornings. My Internet time will be much diminished the next few days.
- Delegate! Lacy folded laundry last night. Kids can clean. Hubby can clean and do laundry. Use your resources!
- Deep Breathes. Breath in through your nose, and you through your mouth. Slow, this isn’t Lamaze people! Seriously, helps clear your head and makes you think more clearly.
Discussion: How’s everyone doing on their prep? Anyone have tips on how to cram too much stuff into too little time? (I’m also saving time by not reading through this for grammar/punctuation/spelling errors. Forgive me if it looks sloppy kay?)