Self-admittently, last week’s decent number was inflated because it was really Thursday morning, pre-Thanksgiving stuffed.
On Monday, I weighed and I was UP 4 pounds. I then pigged out all day for multiple reasons (stress over edits, stress over being up so much weight…)
The next day, I was only up 3 pounds. Can’t be sure exactly how that happened, but I’m choosing not to question it and just be thankful! I did half-way decent the rest of the week, to come in at my not-great but not-too-bad-considering number.
This week: +1 pounds
Total Fat Friday loss: – 6 pounds
Total Weight loss: -20 pounds
This week: -0 pounds
Total Weight loss: -38 pounds
- One a day. Oh, so hard, I know. But it spreads out the joy for longer too:-)
- Don’t eat the batter. Although, not sure if I can follow this one myself…
- PRESENTS! Instead of letting the little culinary darlings sit around your house taunting you, Christmas cookies make great presents for your kiddos teachers, your mailman, your coworkers, your neighbors. And it’s better than fruitcake. (Really, does anyone even EAT that stuff?)
- Speaking of coworkers… I always took a bunch to work, or sent some with hubby to work. They would all get eaten in about 30 minutes, and happy co-workers is always a good thing!
- One that we are doing this year and plan to make it a tradition: We’ll be taking most of our cookies to doctors/nurses at Vandy Children’s as a thanks for all their care this past year for our Annabelle. There is also a Ronald McDonald Room in the hospital that gives free snacks to families in the hospital. Being in the hospital with your child is hard and vending machines get EXPENSIVE. So it’s important to us to support this awesome place, so they’ll be receiving a bunch this year too! You can also take some to your local Ronald McDonald House too (ours accepts food donations, I assume all do but you might want to check first!)
- Make healthy cookies! (Who am I kidding… if you can do this, more power to ya!)
Discussion: A little counter productive for our weight-loss… but ’tis the season. What’s your FAVORITE Christmas cookie????
Have had several people ask for my chocolate caramel filled sugar cookie recipe…
To save, am sending the link to one I found online, although I don’t use nuts (yuck!) and I use rolo’s for the caramel!
These are FABULOUS right out of the oven… ooey gooey…. oh my goodness, I need to stop now!