I failed this week. But things are looking up. After gorging and saying, “what the hay” the first part of the week, I tried to redeem myself with exercise the last two days. Unfortunately, from the last two weeks I’m up about 2 pounds as a result of my love affair with pre-Halloween candy and the McDonald’s Monopoly game.
So, in honor of my failure, I give you:
TOP TEN REASONS TO LOSE WEIGHT
- To make the little guy on the Wii shrink when I step on the scale instead of expand like a helium balloon.
- To be able to breathe when I wear the pair of jeans 1 size smaller I have waiting for me in my dresser
- So I can change these posts to “Skinny Friday” or at least “normal-sized Friday”
- No more sucking in when people take pictures!
- Being able to weigh anytime I want… instead of just in the morning, right before I shower, right after I pee, so I get the smallest weight possible (Don’t tell me you all don’t do this too!)
- So I can watch biggest loser and be proud of the contestants, instead of green with envy.
- No more kids looking at my wedding picture then at me and saying, “Mommy, how’d you get so big?” (I remind them that it’s all their fault of course!)
- No more prayer of repentance after I curse at the dressing room mirrors (okay, fine, I don’t really swear, but I want to. I really really do!)
- No more tummy-sucker-inners when wearing a nice dress. Seriously, they should be banned.
- A serious one: To be healthy, and a good example for my kiddos. I don’t aspire to be a size zero (or, to be realistic, even a size eight with these child bearing hips) but to have a healthy, normal body weight so my children don’t think it’s normal to grow up and be fat:-)
Do you have any reasons to add to the list? Let’s motivate each other today! Those of you on the Fat Friday challenge… how’d you do this week???
Oh, and am I the only one addicted to McDonald’s Monopoly game????
*sigh* Sorry. The spirit is willing but the body is so, so, so weak. Chicken Nugget anyone?