Went to work earlier than normal today to try and get caught up a little.
Got a call around 11:30 saying that Annabelle had taken a turn for the worse, wasn’t breathing well, and they were headed back down to the ICU.
Her lactates were elevated (6.1… should be around 1) and she was severely desatting even on high oxygen.
They’ve given her fluid to bring her lactates down… but her lungs are wet which contributes to her desatting… so they also want to get fluid OFF of her. Go figure.
She is now in the ICU, on vapotherm again, and we’ve had to go up pretty high on our flow and are on a very high O2 percentage, and she’s still hugging her low 70’s in SATs (we want her to be 75 – 85.)
We have started her back on her Milrinone… an IV heart medicine that should help her heart function why she waits for a heart. Good side: This puts us on the highest priority heart transplant list. Bad side: This keeps us in the ICU until she is able to get her heart. There is a possibility we could go upstairs on it… but to be honest, at this point, it makes me nervous, and I really don’t think they’ll want to put her back upstairs with her history. I could be wrong though…
Which brings me to what I was GOING to blog about today:
But for today, please pray that Annabelle’s sats stabilize and that she can calm down. She’s still pretty grumpy and just not feeling well. Although while I’ve been typing this… she feel asleep, so is finally calm!