7:00 a.m. Lacy comes and wakes me up. “Mommy, is it time to get up?” Annabelle is amazingly still asleep, but Mommy, through blurry eyes that stayed up too late the night before, nodds. “Yeah, go get breakfast. I’ll go get Gabby.”

7:20 a.m. Lacy comes and wakes me up. “Mommy, you forgot to get Gabby up.” Yup, this mom-of-the-year had fallen immediately back asleep. WHOOPS

8:15 a.m. No breakfast, clothes thrown on, I throw (I mean… buckle…) Annabelle and take off for her 2 month clinic visit… 15 minutes late.

8:25 a.m. Driving down the Interstate, I realize I forgot Annabelle’s 10 a.m. meds. Call hubby and beg him to bring them to me as he goes to work, since not only do we have a clinic appt, she has an ENT appointment at 2 as well. Don’t really want to drive the 45 minutes back home.. and he usually has jobs that is semi-this-way.

9:10 a.m. Arrive late for 9 a.m. clinic.

9:30 a.m. Annabelle officially hates me as I hold her down for blood draw.

10:00 a.m. Sweet hubby drops off Annabelle meds. Bless his heart.

11:00 a.m. Annabelle officially hates me even more as I hold her down for flu shot.

11:15 a.m. Karalynn calls. Stomach ache and headache and nurse says she is pale. Mommy calls Daddy, who is just arriving to job site. Because of Annabelle’s current appointment as well as the one in the afternoon, he goes and gets Karalynn instead of working… which is unfortunate since he only had “work” one day last week. Did I mention Lacy had strep over the weekend? Mommy called doctor, who agreed it was probably strep too and called in an antibiotic.

12:00 p.m. Mommy and Annabelle head to Aunt Kari’s house (close to the hospital) so Annabelle can nap before her 2:00 appt. Mommy blissfully watched House Hunters on Aunt Kari’s cable (Mommy is cheap and only has 4 free channels at her house… so this is a treat!)

2:00 p.m. ENT appointment. Right ear tube blocked. Stupid (er, wonderful) eardrops for 10 days. Tried to schedule follow up appointment, but they had none available in the timeframe doctor ordered, in a time we didn’t already have appointments. They have to call back later when they find a time  to work her in.

3:50 p.m. Mommy stops by pharmacy on the way home. Karalynn’s prescription hasn’t been called in yet. GRRRR.

4:00 p.m. Mommy comes home and finds that we are missing 2 items for dinner. She throws meat in the oven.

4:30 p.m. Mommy calls doctor about prescription. Finds out it was called in at 3:52 p.m.

4:45 p.m. Mommy goes to pharmacy to get prescription. Finds out that since this is on “healthy” child, they don’t have updated insurance info. They can’t use the “card” I have, and Mommy didn’t have her SSN on her, and she’d also left her phone at home since it was dead. No prescription picke dup.

4:50 p.m. Grocery shopping. As Mommy wheels cart around store, tired and frustrated, she thinks that this crazy day would make for a funny blog post. Then she realizes that… it’s Monday. She was supposed to blog today and forgot. Guess it’ll be a late blog post.

5:15 p.m. Dinner is ready. Everyone is pleased except for eldest daughter who complains incessently.

5:45 p.m. Dinner is done except for eldest child still at table. Daddy leaves for work.

6:15 p.m. Daughter #1 STILL at table. Daughter #2 and #3 are doing their chores and #2 “accidentally” punches #3 in the forehead. Commence ramped excuses by #2 and loud wailing by #3.

6:30 p.m. Daughter #1 STILL… you guessed it. At table. #3 is sitting with Momma on the couch. #2 is clowning around doing who knows what… just NOT her chore. CRASH. SCREAM. YELL (by mommy.) Glass is in a billion pieces all over the floor.

6:45 p.m. Mommy is blogging… trying to ess. Daughter #1 ate her pork but is banished to her room. Daughter #2 is banished to her room too. Daughter #3 is doing her chore. And Daughter #4 is sitting at my feet crying because everyone else is getting attention but her, although, the crying is only in spurts, because Blues Clues is on and that makes everything better.

6:50 p.m. Daughter #1 disobeys me and comes downstairs and gives me a hug and tells me she loves me.

What has not been mentioned is that Mommy has felt a bit under the weather today too.. And Annabelle has a HORRIFIC diaper rash so there is massive screaming at every diaper change.
Oh, and I’m ridiculously behind on housework so everything is pretty much a chaotic mess.


As crazy as the day was… there are things to be thankful for.

My sweet hubby who brought me meds and money for lunch without complaint.

A GOOD cardiology visit for Annabelle, showing a heart that is working FANTASTIC.

Four beautiful daughters who, while they might fight a little too much and really try every last ounce of my patience… can also be so extremely sweet and love each other like crazy (and hopefully their momma too!)

And smiles like this… that make it all worth while.



  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Sounds like a crazy day…

  2. This was fun to read…even though it's at the expense of what I can only imagine was you wanting to throw your hands up and give up! It makes my trying to figure out when we are going to carve our pumpkins and decorate our yard in the next 48 hours seem so trivial : ). God Bless you Krista…you have a lot of strength!

  3. wow. thanks for giving a glimpse into your life. I hope tomorrow is better!!

  4. What a day!! I really hope things will settle down for you now … at least a little bit 🙂

  5. Krista… All I can say is you are an amazing Mamma! You have more patience than I do:) Praying that things go smoother and so thankful that Annaballe is doing good. God bless

Comments are closed.